Welcome to JoJo’s Corner.
I’m excited for today’s book review…
Valerie Ackermann has a BA in Theology and has been a full time Children’s Ministry Director at Parkwood Community Church in California for over 10 years. She is also a weekly Sunday school teacher, wife, and busy mom of two boys ages 9 and 11. She has hands-on experience as a children’s ministry professional, teaching and leading children of all ages. Growing up in a Christian family in the small town of Saskatchewan Canada, she has wonderful memories of knowing God from an early age. She has a passion for kids to know the deep truths of God. Find out more at LeadMeToGod.com.
The God Puzzle is a colorful, easy to use tool to help you communicate to your child the rich truths about God, His ways, His will and His love. The God Puzzle will help you address doctrinal themes of the Christian faith in a kid friendly way, present Bible lessons in an interactive way that will hold the child’s attention and deliver quality teaching with no preparation needed. 75% of children leave the church when they leave home. Something isn’t working. Sunday School isn’t doing it all. Kids need answers, good ones. And they need them from you, the parent. This book enables you to give them simple, clear answers.
What makes The God Puzzle unique?
– ready made discussion questions for parent to ask their child in each lesson
– can be done at any pace that works with your family…every night, once a week, 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there…it fits into realistic family life
– puts the pieces together for a child to understand God, the Bible, and the Christian faith
– in each lesson the responds to the truth so they understand their relationship to God is personal and life transforming
– any parent, whether they know nothing, or a lot about God can start teaching their child today with no prep
– deep theology put into language a child can understand
– deeply Biblical, each lesson points to Christ
– put in an order that starts with creation, and teaches the Bible as one story that all points to Christ
– child stays engaged by filling in blanks, crosswords, drawing, matching and using their Bibles as they learn
Paperback: 217 pages
Publisher: HigherLife Publishing (October 15, 2013)
List Price: $19.95
I love love love this Bible study workbook for kids 7-12!!!
I think it would make a wonderful resource for teachers, parents, grandparents, homeschoolers, and youth leaders!
It is definitely a book you will want to be involved with- with your kids, as I’m sure it will open up some great conversations about God.
I was surprised at how colorful and fun the layout of the book is and that it contains 36 lessons- a great value!
Each lesson answers a question that most kids are curious about, like…
WHAT IS SIN?
WHAT IS BAPTISM?
HOW DO I ACCEPT JESUS AS MY SAVIOR?
AND SOOOO MUCH MORE!!!
I love that the workbook is kid-led by characters Theo and Christy, I think that kids will love these characters and relate to them.
This is an awesome, fun, interactive way to get kids digging into God’s Word and excited about it!!!
*****5/5 STARS HIGHLY RECOMMEND*****